What is an Oman e-visa
It is an electronic visa given to foreign nationals. An Oman eVisa enables you to enter into Oman and stay there for a specific period of time. In an eVisa Oman, all your personal information will be stored electronically.
The Oman Visa issuing authority will send you an electronic copy of your visa to your registered email id. E-visa is mainly issued for the purpose of short term stay in Sultnate Of Oman.
An applicant can request for an Oman e-visa to fulfill the below mentioned purposes:
1. Tourism purposes in Oman.
2. Visit of relatives/friends Who resides in Oman
3. Short term business stay.
4. Sports activities
5. Cultural, scientific or humanitarian activities.
Applying for an Oman e-Visa is a very simple and hassle free process. To get an e-visa, you don’t have to visit an embassy physically for visa.
The only thing you have to have is a passport which is valid for at least 6 months from the date of application.
You can apply for an e-visa by visiting the official embassy website of a Oman or any private visa agency like Musafirevisa.
Once you submit the Oman visa online application form and make necessary payment, you will receive an email address verification message.
Once you verify your email id, the e-visa will be electronically sent to your verified email id.
The cost of an e-visa may vary from Visa Type. You can make the payment by using either a debit or a credit card.
Once an Oman e-visa is issued, the information can be changed. So, it is important you fill the information carefully while applying for it.
The following eligibility conditions apply when you opt for an Oman e-visa:
1. It is issued to Visitors who visit a country for the purpose of visiting friends and relatives, recreational activities, medical treatment or short term business visit.
2. The passport of an applicant must have minimum six months validity from the date of visa application.
3. The passport should have minimum two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
4. Applicants should have return tickets ready to go back after staying at Oman for a previously specified duration of time.
5. Children and infants should have separate Oman e-visas and passports.
The following documents are required for applying for an e-visa:
1. A valid passport with a minimum validity for 6 months.
2. Passport size photographs.
You may be required to produce the following documents on your arrival:
1. A printed copy of your Oman e-visa.
2. Passport which is valid for a minimum period of 6 months.
3. Sponsor Invitation letter (if any)
An Oman e-visa comes with the following benefits:
You can obtain an Oman e-visa at anytime from anywhere. What you need to have is a valid passport with access to internet connectivity.
Getting an Oman e-visa is a smooth and hassle-free process and helps you save a lot of time.
Sometimes, the immigration authority of a Oman may reject your e-visa application. Mentioned below are some of the key reasons why your Oman e-visa may be denied:
1. Any important information is missing.
2. The validity period of your passport is less than 6 months.
3. If you have provided wrong information in your Oman visa application form.
4. If you have not specified your visa type properly.
5. If your intention of returning from Oman is not clear.
Oman E-visas are issued to those foreigners who come to Oman for various purposes like tourism, short business stay, meeting relatives and friends etc. They apply for an Oman Tourist Visa without sending their passport to the embassy.
What the applicants have to do is to apply for it online by sending a scanned copy of the passport, photo and other relevant documents to the embassy and pay the fees online.
Once you submit the complete application form and make the payment, you will receive the e visa in your email. Get a printed copy of it and carry it along with you when you visit Oman.
Most Important Information You may also Like: